Sunday 30 October 2011

History of Halloween


The evening of all souls day; Halloween is celebrated with traditional games, playing tricks on people and traditional customs and treats. The history of Halloween predates the Celtic practices of Christianity associated with Nov 1, which was Samhain pronounced as sa-win. As winter begins, it is said, that evil spirits roam the earth to trick people and celebrate the starting of the season of low light. On this night, tasty food is cooked, get-togethers are arranged and Halloween rhymes are sung in all the Christian families. People also dress up as evil spirits, ghosts and witches to remain safe from the devilish bullying.
One of our alumni from Ireland wrote in his greeting letter to Wevac University, “In Ireland, we celebrated Halloween more like a thanksgiving day than USA. We celebrated it by having a big family dinner at our place, every one arrived early and we had a great time before and after the dinner. We also watched a horror movie at night. I also presented Halloween gifts to all my cousins. I couldn’t have done it without Wevac University, which awarded me a bachelor’s degree based on my prior work experience. I also got financial aid from them during my education. Thank you Wevac University. I am a successful manager now!

No comments:

Post a Comment